Funding AT2018-06-13T10:06:14+00:00

AT Funding Options

Digital Federal Credit Union (DCU)

The Digital Federal Credit Union offers Mobility Vehicle Loans and Access Loans for assistive technology. You must become a member of the Credit Union in order to apply for a loan. This may also require that you be a member of the American Association of People with Disabilities. You can contact them directly or check out their website for more information or find an application on the DCU website or the AAPD website.

Or call 508.263.6700 or 800.328.8797
For hearing impaired members, call TTY 800.395.5146
AAPD Member Services Call 866-241-3200 (toll-free v/tty)

Spinal Cord Injury

  • Obie Harrington Foundation: Can be used for adaptive equipment, Durable Medical Equipment, home mods, therapeutic aids and equipment, etc. 888-265-5859,
  • Travis Roy Foundation: Can be used for upgrade and maintenance of wheelchairs, vehicle modifications (i.e., hand controls or lifts), small home modifications including ramp and lift installation, computers, and other adaptive equipment
  • Connecticut Spinal Cord Injury Association: 203-284-1045,


These foundations may be able to assist with obtaining hearing aids.


  • National Federation for the Blind of Connecticut – Coccomo Grant: Connecticut’s blind and visually impaired community can receive assistance in the pursuit of training, employment, independent living and technological advancement. 860-289-1971
  • Help for the Blind of Eastern Connecticut: Must be legally blind and show financial need. Can be used to obtain devices and services. Request an application from Help for the Blind of Eastern CT, P.O. Box 56, Windsor, CT 06095

Multiple Sclerosis Society

  • Connecticut Chapter of the National MS Society: Can assist with medical equipment and repairs such as ramps, home modifications, auto modifications, air conditioners, short-term homecare and family respite care and crisis assistance. 860-913-2550,
  • Muscular Dystrophy Association: Offers small grants for adaptive and durable medical equipment 148 Eastern Blvd, Glastonbury, CT,860-633-4466 or 203-777-1273

United Cerebral Palsy Association

Independent Living

Corporation for Independent Living: Loans and Grants for Accessibility, A statewide funding program designed to modify housing for people with physical disabilities. 860-563-6011,  Fax: 860-563-2562

Independent Living Centers in CT: May be able to offer small grants from “Part B” funds for Assistive Technology.

  • Independence Northwest, Route 63, 1183 New Haven Road, Suite 200, Naugatuck, 203-729-3299
  • Center for Disability Rights,764A Campbell Avenue, West Haven, 203-934-7077
  • AccessIndependence,80 Ferry Boulevard, Stratford, 203-378-6977
  • Independence Unlimited, 151 New Park Avenue, Suite D, Hartford, 860-523-5021
  • Disabilities Network of Eastern Conn 238 West Town Street, Norwich, 860-823-1898

Other Funding Resources

For a comprehensive list of Resources, Wish Foundations and searchable databases visit The M.O.R.G.A.N Project, Inc. at

ATIA Resource Guide

If you know of a local community agency or organization that offers funding for Assistive Technology devices or services and would like to share that information, please let us know.

Translate »
Increase font sizeDecrease font sizeDefault font size