The Assistive Technology Loan Program (ATLP)
ATLP is a low-interest financial loan to help individuals with disabilities or their family members purchase Assistive Technology devices and services needed to enhance independence and/or functioning in the community, education and/or employment.
Tips & Facts About the AT Loan Program
The Connecticut Tech Act Project’s Assistive Technology Loan Program assists Connecticut citizens with disabilities and older adults to obtain the assistive technology devices and services they need to enhance independence and productivity in the community, education and employment with an improved quality of life.
Who can apply for a loan?
An individual with a disability / older adult, parent, guardian, family member or legal representative of the person with the disability who:
- has been a resident of Connecticut for at least 1 year
- and has a disability that permanently affects a major life activity
What can I borrow money for?
A broad range of assistive technology devices and services, such as:
- Wheelchairs and scooters
- Braille note takers / equipment
- Assistive listening devices
- Augmentative communication devices
- Electronic aids to daily living
- Visual aids with voice output or magnifying features
- Computers and adaptive peripherals
- Home modifications for accessibility
- Motor vehicles that have/need modifications
- Assistance / Service Animals
- Training to learn how to use the AT device
How much can I borrow and for how long?
- Loan amounts are generally from $500 to $30,000
- Loan periods will range from one (1) year to (10) years (depending upon the loan amount and type of assistive technology obtained through the loan)
Who approves my loan?
- The ATLP Program Manager and CTTAP Program Director
- Once approval occurs, the Program Manager will work with Berkshire Bank (the servicing institution) for loan processing
- Approval takes on average two weeks to one month
How do I apply?
For assistance filling out an application, to request an alternative format, or to check on the status of your application, call The Connecticut Tech Act Project at (860) 424-5619, toll free in CT at (800) 537-2549 or send an email via our website.